Wednesday, January 26, 2011

10 Pan Project

It all started last week when I decided to stop by CVS.


I was looking for a concealer I had gotten the week before on clearance. Revlon Age Defying concealer. I had been searching for a good concealer for a while and I fell in love with this one. Well, they didn't have anymore BUT      they had some new things on clearance. I ended up buying some lip glosses, nail polishes, eyeliners and lipsticks. Some of which were colors that I don't really wear. As soon as I walked out I felt guilty. WHAT WAS I THINKING?!?!?


I tried to justify my splurge by going through my products and swatching them. Thinking that if they were really great then I shouldn't feel guilty. Well, that didn't work.

I got home and lined up all of the nail polishes. They were so beautiful. 
Sitting there.
Clearance stickers beaming up at me. 
Just look! Isn't it wonderful? 

(I have clear pictures but this one makes them look ethereal.)
I know, it's pathetic. 

DAYS LATER- I decided to finally get a wall rack for my polishes. They are all just piled in a drawer in my bathroom. It's hard to see what I have and I've run out of room.

3 DAYS LATER-My polish rack arrives!!!! Happy Happy! Joy Joy!
I unwrap it...ohhh so nice. It's so beautiful. An acrylic rack I can mount on the wall that will hold 90 polishes. wow (sigh)

I decide I'm going to wait to mount it on the wall and for now I'll make a place for it on a shelf in my bathroom. Well, I had to move stuff off of the shelf. That stuff just happens to be guilt inducing beauty items I've bought in the past that haven't been used. Man. I feel sick. I start putting all of my polishes on the rack.
Surely they'll all fit. 
Umm. Well, I guess I can leave off the Claire's polishes....and maybe the Loreal ones too. 
Oh man. I have way too many polishes. 

Maybe if I turn them sideways more will fit...that's still........a lot left. Let me just count. 2..4..6..14..26...38.....44.......56.....68..goodness.....80.....98....101. Man. That's a lot of nail polish. 
And I still have a lot in the drawer. What's this?? oh no. This doesn't even count the ones from CVS?!?! 
Oh no. 
Panic. I have way too much stuff. 

But look!! They are all different! It's not like I have 10 red polishes or anything. psh!


ANYWAYS- Thus begins my 10 pan project.
If you are not familiar with this concept, I will choose ten beauty items that need to be used up. I can not buy any other beauty items until ALL 10 items are used up.We'll see how this goes. I'll choose my ten items tomorrow and post some pictures. 


Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment